LYNN TILLOTSON PINKER & COX, LLP
Handled multiple jury trials, bench trials, arbitration proceedings, and appeals to the Texas Supreme Court, Texas Courts of Appeals, and Fifth Circuit.
Representative matter: ORIX Capital Markets, LLC v. Super Future Equities, Inc., Case No. 3:06-CV-0271-B, United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas (represented ORIX in trial of its counter-claim for defamation after dismissal of Plaintiffs’ claims on summary judgment, resulting in $12.5 million jury verdict for the former Defendant)
GIBSON DUNN & CRUTCHER, LLP
Worked in Dallas office of national law firm, with my personal practice focused on civil appeals and complex litigation.
Representative matter: American Home Assurance Co., Inc. v. Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, 121 S.W.3d 831 (Tex. App.–Eastland 2003), aff’d as modified, 261 S.W.3d 24 (Tex. 2008) (overturned trial court judgment that had prohibited insurance companies from providing for defense of their insureds through their own staff attorneys or “captive” law firms).
SUPREME COURT OF TEXAS
Briefing Attorney to Hon. Chief Justice Thomas R. Phillips, 2000-2001
Researched and drafted opinions for the Chief Justice; wrote study memos for the Court on pending petitions for review; assisted Justices in preparations for oral argument and in weekly conferences; supervised oral arguments as courtroom marshal.
- Texas, 2000
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- University of Iowa College of Law, Iowa City, Iowa
- Juris Doctor with High Distinction (2000)
- Honors: Order of the Coif (13/239)