Kyla M. Gunter
- Attorney at Law
Kyla Gunter is an attorney practicing throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and other counties in North Texas. The oldest child of a railroader and a nurse, her family spent her youth moving across the country, from Colorado and Nebraska to Texas and Arizona.
Kyla received her bachelor of science in business administration with a finance concentration, cum laude, from Regis University in Denver, Colorado, in 2007. She and her family relocated to Texas for good in 2008 and never looked back, where she attended and A&M University School of Law (formerly Texas Wesleyan University School of Law) in Fort Worth, Texas, graduating with her Juris Doctorate in 2013. She was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in November of the same year.
After working with her husband as a petroleum landman during and after law school, Kyla started her own law firm, Gunter Law Group, PLLC, in 2015. In her own firm, she practiced mostly oil and gas law, estate planning, and real property law, but also took on criminal and family cases on a limited basis. In time, she found that being a solo practitioner left too little time to actually practice law, due to all the administrative work of running a solo office. She found an ideal fit when she joined Palmer Lehman Sandberg, PLLC, of Dallas, in 2020.
Kyla's current areas of practice include estate planning (including will and trust creation); probate law; oil and gas law; real property law; and business law. She lives in Fort Worth with her family.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning & Probate, including Trusts 50%
- Oil and Gas Law 25%
- Business Law 25%
- Texas, 2013
- Texas A&M University School of Law (formerly Texas Wesleyan University School of Law), Fort Worth, Texas
- Regis University, Denver, Colorado
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Business Administration with Finance Concentration
Past Employment Positions
- Gunter Law Group, Owner and Managing Attorney, 2015 to 2020
- Gunter Land Services, LLC, Of Counsel, 2013 to 2015
- Volunteer for Texas Lawyers for Texas Veterans, NBC DFW, 2020
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer for Texas Lawyers for Texas Veterans, 2014
- Stand-Up Title Opinions in Oil & Gas Cases, American Bar Association Young Lawyer's Division, 2018
- Resistance is Not Futile: Harnessing the Power of Counter-Offensive Tactics in Legal Persuasion, 64 Hastings L.J. 1171, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar College, Maintaining Member, Present
- State Bar of Texas Section of Real Estate, Property, and Trust Law, Maintaining Member, Present
- State Bar of Texas Section of Oil, Gas, and Mineral Law, Maintaining Member
- State Bar of Texas Committee on Pattern Jury Charges in Oil and Gas Cases, Member, 2018 to 2021